A276 – Learning Latin – Exam Technique – Tip 07
Schedule into your week an undisturbed three-hour slot and do a practice past paper. Go back over all the Exam Techniques Tips first, if that will help you focus on what’s to be done. Dive in!
That aside, have a think about what you’ll need for the day of the exam. Make a list. Start getting it all together now. Here’s my list:
- Passport (or other form of official I.D.)
- Clear Plastic pencil case (or a zip-lock freezer/food bag)
- Writing pen
- Spare writing pen (or ink for a fountain pen, if you’re using one)
- Pencil (propelling, with rubber on the end)
- or ordinary pencil (+ spare, in case you drop it and the lead breaks)
- + sharpener
- + rubber
- 30cm ruler
- Blue, Black, Red and Green 4-colour biro (or separate single colours)
- Pink, Blue, Yellow and Green highlighter pens
- Colouring pencils
- + sharpener
- Water (a large bottle or a couple of smaller ones)
- Snack (Mars bar, Snickers or similar – something energy laden)
- Jumper/fleece, hat, gloves (fingerless) [in case the room is cold]
These are all the things that, at some point or other, I’ve needed for at least one of the many exams I’ve done in my time. You’re not likely to use them all (or, even, to be able to think why you might need to). And if you can think of anything else (a pair of compasses, perhaps – is there a potential essay question where you might just possibly illustrate your answer with a diagram that involves drawing a circle? I doubt it – but you never know!) then add it to your list.
Lastly, if there’s anything you are unsure of, or need to ask about, then contact your tutor or an OU adviser now and get it sorted out to put your mind at rest. Don’t leave anything until the last minute.
Steven Havelin (27.05.18)